Saturday, July 26, 2014

Artsy Games Incubator

On April 3rd 2014 I was accepted to participate in a game making incubator, thanks to the Hand Eye Society, TAIS (Toronto Animated Image Society) & the Ontario Arts Council.

For 6 weeks, together with fellow animators in Toronto, ON., we each created our own game from scratch. Learning how to code on the fly, I was able to create a puzzle game titled Keys. Working in this medium was very interesting- the emphasis was on the interactivity. My favourite part was planning out the game play, and then figuring out how to make it work with code, and finally, mad rushing to create the needed artwork.

On June 15th I had the opportunity to present my work and discuss my experiences with the other participants at TAAFI (Toronto Animation Arts Festival International) in the panel [ Animators Can Code: Gamemaking ]








You can find a copy of our games here:

Link


Here is a video documenting our process

No comments:

Post a Comment